This article applies to:
- OS: Hyper-V
- Product edition: Phoenix
VM backups fail in a Hyper-V Cluster configuration with the following error.
Virtual machine not found for uuid: XXXXXXXXX
The error occurs when the Hyper-V node "HOST-001" is registered as a cluster with the following command.
PhoenixHyperVControl.exe --ServerName "HOST-001" activate <activation key>--type cluster --user <cluster username> --password <cluster password>
This issue occurs when a VM in the Hyper-V Manager is migrated to another node HOST-002 on the cluster without registering HOST-002 with Phoenix. The error is displayed when the VM back is triggered.
This resolution is applicable only if the following conditions are met:
- The environment has a Hyper-V Cluster
- All Hyper-V nodes are not registered with Phoenix
- Register the second Hyper-V cluster node with Phoenix. See the Install the agent and register a Hyper-V host section for registration steps.
- Download the agent and generate the activation token. See the Step1: Download the agent and generate activation token section for steps.
- Install the agent, as described in Step2: Install the agent.
- Activate the agent, as described in Step3: Activate the Phoenix agent.
PhoenixHyperVControl.exe --ServerName "HOST-002" activate <activation key>--type cluster --user <cluster username> --password <cluster password>
Backups must complete successfully after both the Hyper-V nodes are registered with Phoenix.