How to change the storage destination of VM backup sets
This article applies to:
- OS: All supported operating systems
- Product edition: Phoenix
This procedure describes the process to change the storage destination of a file server and virtual machine backup sets.
Change the storage destination
Note that the storage location assigned to the configuration cannot be changed later without deleting the backup sets saved to the storage.
The following procedure deletes the existing backup sets in the storage region to which the file server or the virtual machine is backing up.
To change the storage destination:
- Delete the file server or virtual machine from Phoenix Management Console
- Select a new destination during the configuration process of adding the file server or the virtual machine back to Phoenix.
- For steps to delete a virtual machine: Delete a virtual machine configured for backup
- To reconfigure a virtual machine and to select a new destination: Configure virtual machines for backup