When you restore a snapshot, the Restore job completes successfully. However, you may not view any files in the destination folder.
This issue may occur if you restore system-protected files. By default, the system-protected files are not visible on the server.
Perform the following steps to verify the restore operation:
- On the Phoenix Management Console, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Jobs.
- On the Jobs page, click the respective workload’s tab to list the jobs.
- In the Job ID column, click a restore job to view job details.
- On the Job Details page, click the Progress Logs and verify whether the restore operation is successful.
How to identify system-protect files
- On the Restore dialog, navigate to the required file that you want to restore.
- The file name beginning with ~$ denotes that it is a system- protected file. Refer to the following screenshot:
How to enable the option to view system-protected files on the server
- Open the folder or directory in which you want to display hidden files.
- Click the drop-down list for Organize and select the Folder and search options.
- Select the View tab.
- From the Advanced settings menu, select the Show hidden files, folders, or drives and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Click OK.
- You can now see the restored files.
Note: You may also display file extensions from the Advanced settings menu by clearing the Hide file extensions for known file types checkbox.