This article describes the steps to move the Phoenix log and configuration directories from their default location in Windows and Linux servers to a custom location. The default location in Windows is C:\ProgramData\Phoenix while the default location in Linux is var/Phoenix (Phoenix Configuration file) and /var/log/Phoenix (Logs). Use these steps when the default drive where Phoenix is installed does not have sufficient disk space. Druva recommends checking the system requirements before you install Phoenix on Windows or Linux servers. We use junction points in Windows and symbolic links in Linux to move these files in Linux.
For information on prerequisites and configuration details for Phoenix, refer:
Procedure for Windows servers
Prerequisite: Stop all the Phoenix processes running on the server.
- Go to services.msc and stop Druva Phoenix Agent Client Service.
- Copy the Phoenix directory from C:\ProgramData\Phoenix to the target location, for example D:\Phoenix Agent\.
- You can choose any location which has sufficient space to store data.
- Rename the Phoenix directory at the default location to C:\ProgramData\Phoenix.Moved.
- Open the command prompt as administrator and run command:
C:\Users\Administrator>mklink /j "C:\ProgramData\Phoenix" "D:\Phoenix Agent\Phoenix"
This creates a junction point under C:\ProgramData\Phoenix.
- Start Phoenix agent services and verify whether all the services are running correctly.
Note: After verifying all the Phoenix agent services are running perfectly, you can delete the Phoenix directory from C:\ProgramData\Phoenix.Moved.
Procedure for Linux servers
You can use symbolic link to make /var/Phoenix directory point to the new location on the volume which has more space.
- Stop the Phoenix service
service Phoenix stop
- Copy the folder to the desired location.
cp -R /var/Phoenix /abc/xyz/Phoenix
Note: Keep a backup until the backup starts writing to the changed location
3. mv /var/Phoenix /var/Phoenix_Moved
4. Create a link.
ln -s /abc/xyz/Phoenix /var/Phoenix
5. Start the Phoenix service.
service Phoenix start