Before you initiate the backup for Cloud Apps data, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
inSync requires access to the ekey and initiate the scheduled backup of any Cloud App data. ekey is used to encrypt the user data when it is being backed up to the inSync Cloud. This is part of the digital envelope encryption process that Druva strictly adheres to. Druva does not store ekey of the users and has no access to the data.
You are logged on to inSync either as a Cloud administrator or you are managing the SaaS Apps users and groups from your administrator account.
You have configured one of the following deployment methods. inSync requires the data encryption key (ekey) to encrypt the backed up data. The ekey is generated by deploying one of the following methods:
- Deploy inSync Connector
At least one inSync Connector is configured and connected to the inSync Cloud (default option). For more information, see Configure the inSync Connector.
- inSync Connector acts as a SaaS Apps connector to provide the ekeys without requiring users to have their devices connected for the SaaS Apps backup .
- inSync Connector is required to deployed only if you want to protect user's Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace Apps.
- If the registered inSync Connectors are not connected, backup of the configured Cloud Apps data fails.
- inSync Connector does not need to have any domains or AD mappings added to it.
- inSync generates a Not Connected alert if inSync Connector is not connected.
- Connect a user device
If inSync Connector is not configured, then at least one endpoint device (desktop or laptop) for every user in inSync is configured for backup.
- Enable Cloud Key Management System
If none of the earlier mentioned deployment options are used, you must have enabled the Cloud Key Management System feature. For more information, see Configure Key Management for SaaS Apps.
- Once Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 SaaS Apps are connected with inSync, you must configure the SaaS Apps Settings for Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 to associate and add users to SaaS Apps enabled profile. You can add users in the following ways based on the SaaS Apps Settings defined.
- inSync Email ID: Add users individually or add a group of users by importing their information from a CSV file.
- AD attribute: Users are automatically imported and mapped to their Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 accounts.
If your preferred method to map users is AD attribute option, then you must have the Active Directory (AD) or LDAP integrated with inSync. To learn more about how to integrate Active Directory (AD) or LDAP integrated with inSync, see Create an AD/LDAP mapping.