Before you initiate the backup for SaaS Apps data, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
inSync requires access to the ekey and initiate the scheduled backup of any SaaS App data. ekey is used to encrypt the user data when it is being backed up to the inSync Cloud. This is part of the digital envelope encryption process that Druva strictly adheres to. Druva does not store ekey of the users and has no access to the data.
You must log on to inSync either as a Cloud administrator, or you are managing the SaaS Apps users and groups from your administrator account.
You should configure one of the following deployment methods. inSync requires the data encryption key (ekey) to encrypt the backed-up data. The ekey is generated by using one of the following methods:
Enable Cloud Key Management System - If you do not want to deploy the inSync Connector for SaaS Apps backup, you can enable the Cloud Key Management System feature. For more information, see Configure Key Management for SaaS Apps.
Deploy inSync Connector - At least one inSync Connector is configured and connected to the inSync Cloud (default option). For more information, see Configure the inSync Connector.
- inSync Connector acts as a SaaS Apps connector to provide the ekeys during the scheduled backup run.
- If the registered inSync Connectors are not connected, backup of the configured SaaS Apps data fails.
- inSync Connector does not need any domains or AD mappings added.
- inSync generates a Not Connected alert if inSync Connector is not connected.
Additional Prerequisites for backing up Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace:
After configuring Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace with Druva inSync, the users from the corresponding environments will not get auto-imported to inSync.
Users should be added to the inSync Admin Console first; before their backup operations can be configured or initiated.
The following methods are available to add users to Druva inSync:
- Add users individually.
- Add a group of users by importing user details from a CSV file.
- Integrating Active Directory (AD) or LDAP integrated with inSync.
- Using SCIM to import users to Druva (Currently not supported for Google Workspace).
- Using Azure-AD-Integration with Druva, to import users from Azure Directory (AD).