Download activity logs of inSync app for Salesforce
Salesforce App provides a view of the app activities such as backup, restore, and changes in app settings from the Recent Activity view on the DASHBOARD tab and from the ACTIVITY STREAM tab. While the Recent Activity view displays just the five latest activities, the entire list of activities is displayed on the ACTIVITY STREAM tab. The activity information displayed includes:
- TYPE: The activity type, such as Backup, Restore, Download, and so on.
- ADMINISTRATOR: Username of the administrator who initiated the activity. The field is blank if the activity was initiated from the inSync Management Console and for scheduled activities.
- START TIME: The start time of the activity. This time is displayed based on the timezone set in the App Settings.
- END TIME: The start time of the activity. This time is displayed based on the timezone set in the App Settings.
- STATUS: The status of the activity. Click on the status to view and know more about the error details in case of failed, partially failed, and canceled backup and restore activity. For example: API Quota Reached.
- STATUS DETAIL: Provides the details about status at which the backup or restore activity failed.
- If the backup or restore activity failed at the activity level, (For example: API Quota reached or activity canceled by the administrator), then the status is displayed. Click on the link to view the error details.
- If the backup or restore activity failed at an Object level, then a hyphen is displayed.
- Download link for activity log is available only for backup and restore activities.
Cancel the ongoing backup and restore activity
You can cancel any ongoing backup and restore activity. To cancel an activity, click the icon and then click Yes on the confirmation pop-up that appears. The status of the activity changes to Backup Canceled by Administrator.
ACTIVITY STREAM tab displays both live and historical activities. You can filter the list based on the following time and activity filters. You can apply the filters individually or in combination to generate the required view.
Time period filters:
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 1 Month
- Last 3 Months
Activity type filter:
Note: Salesforce App does not generate logs of data download and change in system settings. Hence, even when you can see their entries on the tab, you cannot download logs for both these activities from the Activity Stream tab.
Download activity logs from the DASHBOARD tab
- Launch the Salesforce App and open the DASHBOARD tab.
The last five activity details are displayed on the Recent Activity widget with a provision to download the activity log.
- Click the download icon to download the activity log file to your system.
Download activity logs from the ACTIVITY STREAM tab
From the Activity Stream tab, you can select the time period for which you want to view the activity logs.
Prerequisite: Ensure that Pop-ups are unblocked in your browser before you download logs.
- Launch the Salesforce App and open the ACTIVITY STREAM tab. Activities for last 7 days are displayed by default.
- Apply the appropriate Time Period and Activity type filters to view the required activities.
A list of inSync activities is displayed. You can see the activity type, administrator name, activity time, status, and the option to download the activity logs.
- Click the download icon against the activity for which you want to download the logs. The relevant log file is saved to your system.
The download location of activity logs depends on your browser settings.