The following diagram illustrates the workflow for configuring the Salesforce App to protect Salesforce data.
Before you begin
Ensure the following:
- Review the support matrix. For more information, see Support Matrix.
- Review the permissions required. For more information, see Permissions.
- Review the prerequisites. For more information, see Prerequisites.
- Ensure you have obtained the required license, For more information, see Licensing Details.
For detailed procedures, see Configuration.
Step 1 - Configure inSync
As an inSync Cloud administrator, you need to:
- Send an invitation to the Salesforce App Administrator. For more information, see Sending invitation for Admin Account Creation.
- inSync requires access to the data encryption key and to initiate the scheduled backup. The data encryption key is used to encrypt the user data when it is being backed up to the Cloud. This is part of the digital envelope encryption process. The data encryption key of the user is stored using AWS Key Management Service (AWS KMS).
You can use one of the following methods:
Deploy inSync Connector
Integrate your Active Directory (AD) or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) details with your inSync setup using the inSync Connector. At least one inSync Connector must be configured and connected to the inSync Cloud (default option).
For more information, see Configure the inSync Connector.
Enable Cloud Key Management
The Cloud Key Management feature utilizes the AWS KMS to generate the Data Key. The Data Key is then used to encrypt the data encryption key. The encrypted data encryption key is then stored in the Druva Cloud. This data encryption key is then utilized to complete the scheduled backup.
Submit a request to Support to activate the Cloud Key Management feature for your account.
For more information, see Configure Key Management for SaaS Apps.
Step 2 - Deploy Salesforce App and create a Salesforce App admin user
- Download and install the Salesforce App from the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Accept the user invitation with credentials sent in the email generated by the inSync Cloud administrator.
- Create the admin user account.
- The user is displayed in the inSync Management Console.
For more information, see Configuring inSync and Deploying the Salesforce App.
Step 3 - Define the organization and project
Default organization and project are available to get you started. If required, you can switch the organization and define a new project. For more information, see Configuring Salesforce App Settings.
Step 4 - Add Source and Destination Environments
From the Environment Hub, add the source and destination environment for your data copy. You can connect using OAuth 2.0. For more information, see Configuring Environment Hub.