As an inSync Cloud administrator, you can download the OneDrive backed up data using the inSync Management Console. Additionally, inSync users can use the inSync Web to download the OneDrive backed up data.
- When an administrator or a user downloads data, inSync automatically detects the operating system and downloads the data in the appropriate archive format. On Mac OS, now the data is automatically downloaded in the .tar.gz or .tar archive format, and on the Windows OS, the data is downloaded in the .zip archive format.
- Administrator can view the snapshots of OneDrive devices in UTC time zone.
For download, you can also use search to easily find files and then download them.
Note: On Windows OS, if the compressed zip file size is too large, you may experience error unzipping the file using Windows Explorer. In such scenarios, you may choose another utility to unzip such large data sets.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Users.
- On the Manage Users page, click the user name whose data you want to download and click Restore > Restore backup data.
- Click Restore > Restore Backup Data.
- On the Restore Data window, click the device and then select the snapshot which you want to download. You can also search for the files that you want to download.
- Select the files or folders that you want to download, and click Download.
- Click OK.