inSync extends its data protection and governance capabilities to Exchange Online.
Using inSync, you can protect and back up Exchange Online data which includes emails, contacts, calendars, notes, and tasks.
As a inSync Cloud administrator and user, you can retrieve and restore or download Exchange Online data in the event of accidental deletion or malicious activities; for future reference and business continuity.
You can manage the Exchange Online through the following:
- Monitor the status of Exchange Online using Alerts.
- Get insights into the ongoing backup and restore activities on your Exchange Online using Live Activities.
- Generate reports to view a summary of events and activities that have occurred during a specific period.
inSync with Data Governance feature, allows you to analyze and identify usage trends of user data backup, globally search and filter files and folders across all devices, and set up real-time alerts to handle IT issues proactively. Also, view and track activities of inSync users and administrators using Audit Trails.
You can preserve user's Exchange Online backup data and avoid data deletion by placing the users on legal hold. You can then access the user's legal hold data from Microsoft 365 by using WebDAV.
inSync offers the following benefits while protecting the Exchange Online data:
- Single access point to view and manage user's Exchange Online data.
- Automatically scan the data for compliance violations, thereby reducing the amount of time that IT personnel spend manually collecting and managing data.
- Enable administrators to search and locate any file across all Exchange Online data.
- Proactively track, monitor, and get notified for compliance risks of Exchange Online app data in your organization.
- Get complimentary licenses for shared and resource mailboxes.
- Based on Microsoft 365 licenses, you get 50% complimentary licenses for shared/resource mailbox without any extra storage.
For example, If you have 100 licenses with Microsoft 365, you will get an additional 50 licenses only for shared and resource mailboxes. If the storage quota is 5000 GB, then 5000 GB is shared with 100 Microsoft 365 users and 50 shared and resource mailboxes.
- You can purchase more shared and resource mailboxes in addition to complementing licenses. To know more, contact support.
Supported Microsoft 365 editions
inSync supports the following Microsoft 365 editions:
- Microsoft 365 For Business
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Microsoft 365 For Enterprise
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 F3
- Office 365 For Enterprise
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
- Office 365 E1
- Office 365 E3
- Office 365 E5
- Office 365 A1
- Office 365 A3
- Office 365 A5
Data protected for Exchange Online
The following data is backed up for the Exchange Online app:
- Mailbox (for the individual user, room and equipment, and shared)
- Calendar events along with links to the attachments
- Emails with attachments
- File (inline) attachments
- Item Attachments
- Archived emails with attachments
- Notes - Entire Notes folder within the Exchange Online server mailbox of a user
- Tasks within the Exchange Online server mailbox of a user
Within Tasks folder, you can back up the following:
- All tasks folders' data irrespective of their status or categorization such as Active, Overdue, Complete.
- Messages that are flagged as important
- Task attributes such as start and due date, status, subject, priority, and reminder
- Attachments associated with the tasks such as OneDrive, Group Files, Links, Outlook attachments, and files uploaded from a device.
Note: To know the limitation for Item attachments see, backup and restore limitations.
Recoverable Items folders:
Archival properties for Email from Archive mailbox
Supported inSync tasks for Exchange Online
|Backup of data||Restore of data to a custom location||Download of data by inSync Cloud administrator and inSync user||*Enterprise Search||Legal Hold||**Scan the data for compliance risks|
*Enterprise Search is not supported for Tasks.
*Enterprise Search feature availability may be limited based on the license type, region, and other criteria. To access this feature, contact your Account Manager or Support. For more information, see Enterprise Search backed up data to restore.
**Administrators cannot delete, resolve, or quarantine the violations. inSync for Exchange Online only supports scanning of data to proactively track, monitor, and get notified for data compliance risks.