Druva enables inSync administrators to automate user management in Druva inSync using System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) v2.0. SCIM is a standard for the exchange of user identities between identity providers (IdPs) and applications requiring user identity information (such as enterprise SaaS apps).
After integration with SCIM,
- User accounts are automatically created in Druva inSync when new user accounts are assigned to the SCIM app in the IdP.
- User account status and their information are automatically updated in Druva inSync based on the updates in the IdP. The following updates to user information are supported currently:
- Change in Display Name (combination of First Name + Last Name or vice-versa)
- Change in the Email address
- Change in User account status update, that is, change of user account status from active to inactive, and inactive to active only.
- User accounts are automatically preserved in Druva inSync when user accounts are deactivated from the IdP or deleted from the SCIM app.