As a cloud administrator, you can:
- Create a new role by importing rights from another role. You can import rights only from a single role. When you import rights from a role, the new role inherits all the rights of the imported role. However, you cannot import rights configured for the Druva Cloud Administrator and Cloud Administrator.
- Create a custom role.
- A Druva Cloud Administrator can be created only through the Druva Cloud Platform Console. Click to access the Global Navigation Panel > Home to launch the Druva Cloud Platform Console.
- All other administrators can be created through the inSync Management Console.
- Rights available to the pre-defined roles can be viewed and managed only through the inSync Management Console.
- Only Druva Cloud Administrator and Cloud Administrator roles are available for the Business edition.
Create a Custom Role
If you do not have an Enterprise license with the Data Governance feature enabled, you must avoid creating a Custom role with Legal Hold Management rights.
On the SaaS Apps/Endpoints menu bar, click Settings > Manage Administrators.
In the left navigation bar, click Roles. The Roles page appears.
- In the top-right corner, click New Role. The New Role window appears.
- Click Create Role. The Create New Role window appears.
- On the Summary page, provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Name Type the name for this role. Description Type a short description for this role. Import rights from
Select a role from where you want to import rights.
- Click Next. The Assigned Rights page appears.
- If you want to assign a category to the new role, then select the category. When you select a category, all rights mapped to the selected category are assigned to the new role.
If you want to assign specific rights from a category, then expand the appropriate category, and select the rights that you want to assign. See predefined roles for more information.
- Click Finish. The role appears in the Roles list.