inSync Connector migration scenarios
The following scenarios describe the impact on inSync Connector services if the operating system (OS) installed on a Server is updated or when a new Server is installed. Follow the recommended steps provided to ensure the inSync Connector services continue running smoothly.
When OS on a Server is updated
Follow the steps given below to ensure the inSync Connector services do not get disrupted if the operating system on the Server gets updated:
- Stop the inSync Connector services before updating the OS.
- Update the OS on the Server.
- Restart the inSync Connector services once the OS is updated. The services will run properly.
When a new Server is installed
Follow the steps given below to ensure the inSync Connector services continue working fine after installing the inSync Connector on the new Server:
- Stop inSync Connector services and then back up the entire inSync Connector directory on C:\inSyncADConnector directory.
- Decommission the old the inSync Connector from the instance.
- Install inSync Connector on new Server and stop the inSync Connector services.
- Copy the inSync Connector directory from the old server and replace it in the inSync Connector directory installed on the new server.
- Restart the inSync Connector services. The services will run properly.
Delete an inSync Connector
To delete an inSync Connector
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click > inSync Settings.
- Click the Connectors tab.
- In the Connector area, select the inSync Connector that you want to delete.
- Click Delete Connector.
- On the prompt window, click Yes.
Connection to the AD/LDAP associated with this inSync Connector is released. inSync stops auto-import of users through this Connector.