Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
This topic lists the following VMware Instant Restore-specific frequently asked questions.
- ► Can we restore virtual machines from a Windows CloudCache?
- No. You can restore a virtual machine instantly only from a Linux CloudCache.
- ► What happens if we change the storage to Windows CloudCaches after enabling instant restore for a virtual machine?
- If you switch to a Windows storage after enabling Instant Restore, the Instant Restore is disabled for the selected VMs.
- ► What happens if I dissociate a VM from CloudCache after enabling Instant Restore for that VM?
- If you dissociate a VM from CloudCache, all the subsequent backups of the VM will be stored directly on the Druva Cloud, and instant restoration of the VM is not possible.
- ► What is the cost for VMware Instant Restore?
- There is no charge for this feature. However, customers must have Phoenix enterprise or Phoenix elite licenses to deploy Druva CloudCache. For more information, see Phoenix Plans & Pricing.
- ► If we already have CloudCache, how do we enable VMware Instant Restore?
- You must be on the Linux CloudCache to use the VMWare Instant Restore capability. If you are already on Linux CloudCache, you must upgrade your CloudCache instance(s) and backup proxies to the latest version.
If you are using CloudCache on Windows, you can easily deploy a Linux CloudCache instance as a VM, after discussing sizing guidelines with Druva support. For more information, see Enable or disable Instant restore.