By default, backup on a virtual machine is enabled, when the virtual machine is configured for backup. You can disable backup on a virtual machine at any time based on your requirement.
Phoenix suspends backups after disabling backups on the virtual machine. The virtual machine is backed up only after you enable the backup on the virtual machine again.
Note: Phoenix retains the data on disabled virtual machines.
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console.
- Under Product & Services > Phoenix, click VMware.
- Select your organization if organizations are enabled.
- The vCenter/ESXi host page appears that lists all the registered vCenter/hypervisors.
- You can either select the registered vCenter/ESXi host from the card view or list view or select it from the vCenter/ESXi host list in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, click Configured VMs.
- To update the backup state of multiple virtual machines, select the virtual machine, and in more options and click Enable Backup or Disable Backup.
Alternatively, you can also click on the virtual machine you want to enable or disable.
Click the more options button and depending on what you want to do, click Enable Backup or Disable Backup.
- Confirm your changes and the status is updated in the Backup Enabled column.