- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console.
- Under Product & Services > Phoenix, click VMware.
- Select your organization.
- The All vCenters/ESXi Hosts page appears that lists all the registered vCenter/hypervisors.
- You can either select the registered vCenter/hypervisors from the list or select it from the vCenter/ESXi host list in the left navigation pane.
- In the left pane, click Auto Configuration.
- Click on the rule you want to update.
- In the Details tab, you can edit the rule.
Section Description Details
Provide a name and description for the rule. Ensure that you provide a unique name for each rule you create.
In the Resource View pane, select entities in a view to which you want to apply the rule. For more information, see Supported entities in the resource view.
In the Map to pane:
- Select a cloud storage
- Select an administrative group
- Select a backup policy
- Select a backup proxy pool
- Select guest OS credentials
When an administrative group and backup proxy pool is attached to a virtual machine, it is configured for backup. The configuration rule automatically attaches the administrative group and backup proxy pool to the new virtual machine created in the vCenter view that you select. So, the new virtual machine created under the selected view is automatically configured for backup.
Specify the virtual machines you want to include or exclude from getting backed up. You can:
- Include the virtual machines whose name matches the specified virtual machine name patterns.
- Exclude the virtual machines that are already configured for backup.
- Provide patterns to include or exclude virtual machines.
- Exclude virtual machines that are powered off.
- Exclude virtual machines that are suspended.
- In the Configured VMs tab, you can view the details of configured VMs.