Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
As a Phoenix administrator, you can delete warm snapshots that you no longer require for the virtual machines.
- If you are a cloud administrator, you can delete warm snapshots for a virtual machine.
- If you are a group administrator, you can delete warm snapshots for virtual machines belonging to the administrative groups that you manage.
After you delete a snapshot, Phoenix purges the snapshot data from the warm storage, thus freeing up space.
- You cannot delete the most-recent snapshot of a virtual machine.
- You cannot delete cold snapshots. Cold snapshots get deleted as per the retention policy.
To delete a snapshot for a virtual machine
- On the Phoenix Management Console menu bar, click All Organizations, and then select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the Phoenix Management Console menu bar, click Protect > VMware. List of all the registered VMware vCenter Servers and ESXi Hypervisors appear.
- Click the desired vCenter Server or ESXi Hypervisor, under which the virtual machine is managed. Details appear.
- Under Configured Virtual Machines tab, search and click the virtual machine for which you want to delete the snapshot.
- Click Restore. Restore Data window appears.
- In the left-hand side panel, expand Snapshots. Under Warm, you can see the list of snapshots for that virtual machine.
- Select the snapshots that you want to delete for this virtual machine and click Delete Snapshot. A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click Yes to delete the selected snapshots.