As an administrator, you can delete snapshots that you no longer require for the virtual machines.
- If you are a cloud administrator, you can delete snapshots for a virtual machine.
- If you are a group administrator, you can delete snapshots for virtual machines belonging to the administrative groups that you manage.
After you delete a snapshot, Druva Phoenix purges the snapshot data from the storage, thus freeing up space.
Note: You cannot delete the most-recent snapshot of a virtual machine.
To delete a snapshot for a virtual machine
- Log in to the Management Console.
- Under Product & Services > Phoenix, click VMware.
- Select your organization if organizations are enabled .
- The vCenter/ESXi host page appears that lists all the registered vCenter/hypervisors.
- You can either select the registered vCenter from the list or select it from the vCenter/ESXi host list in the left navigation pane.
- In the navigation pane, click Configured VMs.
- Click on the virtual machine.
- Click on the Backups tab.
Select the snapshot you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm your action.