This page describes the procedure to Backup an AWS EC2 Instance that has at least one Instance Store Volume. The use case is when you have an AWS EC2 Instance that has some EBS Volumes you would like to Backup, and also at least one Instance Store Volume.
- AWS does not support taking snapshots of Instance Store Volumes.
- For that reason Druva CloudRanger does not support backing up Instance Stores Volumes.
- Adding the entire EC2 Instance to the list of resources to Backup in the Backup Policy would include the Instance Store in the Backup, which is not supported.
- As a workaround you need to add the different EBS Volumes from the EC2 Instance to the Backup Policy individually.
- This will backup your EBS Volumes as Snapshots. You will have to Restore the EBS Volumes from the Backups separately.
- You can find instructions on how to create Backup Policies and add AWS resources to your Policy on the link below:
- Please note that AWS provides a workaround for taking the backup of the instance store data.
- You can find this workaround in the following AWS documentation: