This article applies to:
- Product edition: CloudRanger
With the introduction of Automated Disaster Recovery 2.0 in CloudRanger, there is an option to create Environments.
With environments you can:
- Encapsulate sections of your cloud infrastructure
- Identify VPC components and group them into environments
- Create environments to enable CloudRanger to manage Automatic Disaster Recovery of resources using Disaster Recovery Plans
You can clone environments to other regions and AWS accounts and also download as a CloudFormation template. This is especially helpful when you want to clone only a specific VPC with specific subnets and security groups from one region to another, instead of cloning the entire VPC .
Clone an environment
On the ClourdRanger Management Console:
- Click the Environments under Infrastructure.
- Select the environment that you want to clone and click Clone. The options available for cloning are displayed.
- Select the AWS account and region to which you want to clone and click Clone. CloudRanger begins to clone the environment in the selected Account and Region.
- Once the cloning is complete, go into Created status and verify the cloned environment.