This article applies to:
- Product edition: CloudRanger
You can configure a backup policy in CloudRanger to perform AWS Snapshot backups for RDS instances. This article provides thes teps to restore a RDS snapshot to an Instance with CloudRanger.
Restore RDS instance
On the CloudRanger console:
- Go to the Backups section that lists all the snapshots. Each snapshot has RESTORE and DELETE options next to the snapshot details.
- Click RESTORE against the snapshot that you wish to restore. A restore window is displayed with the details of the snapshot that you have selected for restore. The window allows you to rename the identifier and the associated tags with the new instance. Druva recommends that you rename the identifier in case the RDS instance with the same name already exists.
- Select the restore location from the following options:
- Subnet Group
- Availability Zone
- Select the instance type from:
- Parameter group
- Option groiup
- VPC security groups
- Click Restore to launch your instance. The Servers screen opens and displays the new instance.