As an administrator, you can allow users to update the interval between two scheduled backups. This gives users the opportunity to increase or decrease the frequency of the backups according to their preference.
Note: You can allow users to update backup interval through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
Once users specify backup interval, you cannot update the backup interval. Even if you move such users to a different profile, inSync continues to perform backups based on the interval that the user specified.
To allow users to update the backup interval
- On the Endpoints console, click Profiles.
- Select the profile for which you want to configure folders for backup.
- Go to the Edit option at the top right, and click the Endpoints tab from the dropdown. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Under the User Settings tab, go to the Allow users to change following settings area.
- Select the Change backup schedule check box and click Save.