As an administrator, you can delete snapshots of the user devices managed in inSync to manage the storage space of a user. However, deleting a snapshot disables your ability to restore user's point in time data.
Note: The most recent snapshot of a device cannot be deleted as long as the User/Device exists in the inSync Management Console, regardless the User/Device is marked as inactive or disabled.
To view and delete the snapshot on a user device or their Cloud App account,
- On the Endpoints console, click Users.
- Click on a user's Name whose snapshots you want to view.
- On the user details page, click the Backups tab.
- Select the Datasource for which you want to view the snapshot details.
- Under the Snapshot area, all the snapshots are listed along with the details.
If displayed, hover over the icons beside the snapshot to know more about that particular snapshot.
- Select the snapshot(s) that you want to delete and click Delete Snapshot.
- On the confirmation box that appears, click Continue.
Note: If the Ransomware Recovery service is enabled for your organization and administrators have created a Curated Snapshot for endpoints, the snapshots used for creating a Curated Snapshot are indicated with the icon. Such snapshots cannot be deleted. To delete them, you must delete the Curated Snapshot first and then delete these snapshots. For information about how to delete the Curated Snapshot see Curated Snapshot. For information about how to delete a snapshot, see Delete Snapshots.