As an administrator, you can enforce backup from a device when a user is shutting it down or is logging off.
inSync tries to backup the user data until the system shuts down or logs the user off. If the backup does not complete, inSync marks the backup activity as failed for the user.
- inSync backup activity does not block system shut down or user log off activity.
- You can manage enforce backups only through Profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
- This feature is only applicable for inSync Client running on Windows devices.
To enforce backup for user devices before log off or shutdown
- On the Endpoints console, click Profiles.
- Select the profile for which you want to configure folders for backup.
- Go to the Edit option at the top right, and click the Endpoints tab from the dropdown. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Under the Backup Schedule & Retentions tab, go to the Laptops/Desktop section.
- Select the Backup at logoff/shutdown check box and click Save.