Allow users to configure the mobile backup interval
There are two ways in which you can allow users to define backup interval for mobile devices:
- Make backup from mobile devices optional. Users can decide if they want to back up from their mobile device and specify the backup interval.
- Make backup from mobile device mandatory and allow users to modify the interval. Users can specify the frequency.
Note: You can allow users to configure the mobile backup intervals through profiles. You cannot do this on an individual user level.
To make backup from mobile device mandatory and allow users to define the backup interval
- On the Endpoints console, click Profiles.
- Select the profile for which you want to configure folders for backup.
- Go to the Edit option at the top right, and click the Endpoints tab from the dropdowno the Edit option at the top right, and click General tab.
- Select the Enable mobile backup check box and Click Save.
- Go to the Edit option at the top right, and click the Endpoints tab from the dropdown. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Under the User Settings tab, go to Allow users to change following settings area.
- Select the Add content & edit settings (smartphones & tablets) check box and click Save