As an administrator, you must have configured backup schedule to control when backup should happen on user devices. By default, the backup schedules work in the user time zone. However, you might want to synchronize backups on user devices according to your (administrator's) time zone.
For example, after synchronizing backups according to administrator zone, if the administrator timezone is New York (EDT) and the Preferred backup window time is set to start at 8:00 A.M., backups will start from 5:00 AM for user devices in Los Angeles (PDT).
inSync backs up the devices associated to this profile as per the administrator time zone who updated the profile and selected the Use admin time zone option.
To synchronize backup schedule of all devices with the administrator timezone.
- On the Endpoints console, click Profiles.
- Select the profile for which you want to configure folders for backup.
- Go to the Edit option at the top right, and click the Endpoints tab from the dropdown. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Under the Backup Schedule & Retentions tab, go to the Laptops/Desktop section.
- Select the Use admin time zone checkbox and click Save.