You can update the synchronization schedule for a CloudCache. It is recommended to select the off-peak hours for sync schedules to minimize the end-user impact.
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- In the Configured CloudCache tab, click the Phoenix CloudCache for which you want to update the synchronization schedule.
- In the Schedule and Resources panel, click Edit.
- On the Edit Sync Schedule page, enter the appropriate values in the following details.
The time at which you want Phoenix CloudCache to synchronize data to the cloud storage.
The duration in hours within which you want backup operations to occur.
Note: If the synchronization completes within this duration, Phoenix CloudCache checks for data additions every 10 minutes. If new data is backed up during this period, Phoenix CloudCache synchronizes this new data to the Phoenix Cloud. For example, if you set the start time to 9 AM and duration to 4 hours, and the synchronization completes before 1 PM, the Phoenix CloudCache checks for new data every 10 minutes. Phoenix CloudCache synchronizes this data to the cloud. Phoenix CloudCache considers this synchronization operation as complete at 1 PM.
Max Bandwidth (Mbps)
The maximum bandwidth in Megabits per second that you want the Phoenix CloudCache to consume at the time of synchronizing data to the cloud storage.
The days on which you want the Phoenix CloudCache to synchronize data to the cloud storage.
Note: We recommend that you create a separate schedule for weekdays and weekends. This is because you can benefit from the wider off-peak windows on weekends, and thus set a longer duration for synchronization operations.
- (Optional) Click Add More to add additional schedules.
Note: To delete a schedule, click the delete icon next to the schedule.
- Click Save.