You can upgrade the CloudCache to the latest version in a single click from the Hybrid Workloads Management Console.
Note: This feature is supported from version 3.2 and later. You must manually upgrade to version 3.2 or later to use this feature. To manually upgrade the CloudCache, download and install the latest version. You can download the latest version from the Downloads page or from the > Downloads option on the Hybrid Workloads Management Console.
Before you begin
Instantly recovered virtual machines that are hosted on the Linux CloudCaches selected for upgrade become inaccessible during the upgrade process. We recommend that you either migrate the required VMs to production before initiating an upgrade or upgrade the Linux CloudCache and then recover the virtual machine.
- Log in to the Hybrid Workloads Management Console.
- Click Manage > CloudCache. Note that if the All Organizations menu is enabled, you have to first select an organization and then click Manage > CloudCache.
- Click the Configured tab.
In the Version column, you can view the current status of each CloudCache.
Status Icon Description Latest The current version is the latest version available. Non-Upgradable The current version is not upgradable to the latest version through the Hybrid Workloads Management Console. Upgrade scheduled There is an ongoing upgrade. Upgradable The current version is upgradable to the latest available version.
- Select one or more CloudCaches that you want to upgrade and click Upgrade.
On the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- If you have installed a hotfix on your existing Druva version, you cannot automatically upgrade to the next version from the Hybrid Workloads Management Console. You must manually upgrade to the next available version.
- If the CloudCache server restarts during the upgrade, you must manually upgrade or rollback the CloudCache version.
- After triggering the update, if you have any ongoing schedule backup and restore jobs, the jobs will resume after the upgrade.
- If the old version is not present on the CloudCache server, the upgrade rollback fails. In this scenario, you must manually upgrade or rollback the CloudCache.