You can regenerate the activation token if:
- You lost your activation token.
- You forgot to save the activation token.
- You generated the activation token but did not use it within the three days (the maximum time that the token stays active).
At the time of regeneration, Druva generates a fresh token for your unconfigured CloudCache. You must only use the regenerated token for activating the CloudCache. For more information, see Activate CloudCache for Windows and Activate CloudCache for Linux.
- Log in to the Management Console.
- Click Manage > CloudCache. Note that if the All Organizations menu is enabled, you have to first select an organization and then click Manage > CloudCache.
- In the Unconfigured tab, select the CloudCache for which you want to generate a fresh token.
- Click > Regenerate Token.
- Click Yes on the confirmation dialog box.
- To copy the activation token, click Copy.
- Copy this token to a simple text file, and save the file to your server.
- Click Done.