To enable backups directly to the Druva Cloud, decommission the Phoenix CloudCache that you configured for those servers.
When you initialize a decommission operation, Phoenix CloudCache first synchronizes data to the Druva Cloud. After the synchronization completes, Druva Phoenix terminates the persistent connection between the Phoenix CloudCache and the Druva Cloud. Thereafter, Phoenix agents directly back up the data to the Druva Cloud.
Note: We recommend that you initiate a decommission operation only after the backup or restore jobs that are in progress are complete.
|1||Ensure that you connect the Phoenix CloudCache to the Druva Cloud and initiate a decommission operation following instructions in Decommission Phoenix CloudCache.|
Druva Phoenix marks the CloudCache for decommissioning and the status of the Phoenix CloudCache appears as Decommission in Progress.
Also, the backup set is unmapped from the Phoenix CloudCache.
|3||Backups and restores to and from the Phoenix CloudCache stop.|
Phoenix CloudCache waits for the next scheduled synchronization operation to start.
|5||At the scheduled time, Phoenix CloudCache starts synchronizing data to the Cloud storage.|
|6||Druva Phoenix starts erasing the data contained in the data volumes of the Phoenix CloudCache.|
|7||After Druva Phoenix erases the data, the decommission completes.|
|8||Druva Phoenix deletes the CloudCache from the database and removes the instance from the Manage CloudCache page on the Phoenix Management Console.|
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- In Configured CloudCache, click a Phoenix CloudCache that you want to decommission.
- On the CloudCache details page, in the Summary tab, click Decommission Cache.
The Phoenix CloudCache must be online until the decommission operation is completed.
- On the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
After you click Yes, Druva Phoenix processes the triggered job in one of the following ways:
- If there is no data for synchronization between the CloudCache and the Druva Cloud, the decommission begins immediately.
- For any data synchronization from the CloudCache to the Druva Cloud, Druva Phoenix synchronizes the data in the next cache schedule cycle. Once the synchronization is complete, the decommission job is processed.
Note: Druva Phoenix does not list the decommissioned the Phoenix CloudCache in the Configured CloudCache tab. You must manually uninstall all instances of the Phoenix CloudCache.