To enable backups directly to the Druva Cloud, decommission the CloudCache that you configured for those servers.
When you initialize a decommission operation, CloudCache first synchronizes data to the Druva Cloud. After the synchronization completes, Druva terminates the persistent connection between the CloudCache and the Druva Cloud. Thereafter, Hybrid Workloads agents directly back up the data to the Druva Cloud.
Note: We recommend that you initiate a decommission operation only after the backup or restore jobs that are in progress are complete.
|1||Ensure that you connect the CloudCache to the Druva Cloud and initiate a decommission operation following instructions in Decommission CloudCache.|
Druva marks the CloudCache for decommissioning and the status of the CloudCache appears as Decommission in Progress.
Also, the backup set is unmapped from the CloudCache.
|3||Backups and restores to and from the CloudCache stop.|
CloudCache waits for the next scheduled synchronization operation to start.
|5||At the scheduled time, CloudCache starts synchronizing data to the Cloud storage.|
|6||Druva starts erasing the data contained in the data volumes of the CloudCache.|
|7||After Druva erases the data, the decommission completes.|
|8||Druva deletes the CloudCache from the database and removes the instance from the Manage CloudCache page on the Management Console.|
- Log in to the Management Console.
- Click Manage > CloudCache. Note that if the All Organizations menu is enabled, you have to first select an organization and then click Manage > CloudCache.
- In Configured, click a CloudCache that you want to decommission.
- On the Overview page, from the top right corner, click > Decommission CloudCache.
The CloudCache must be online until the decommission operation is completed.
- On the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
After you click Yes, Druva processes the triggered job in one of the following ways:
- If there is no data for synchronization between the CloudCache and the Druva Cloud, the decommission begins immediately.
- For any data synchronization from the CloudCache to the Druva Cloud, Druva synchronizes the data in the next cache schedule cycle. Once the synchronization is complete, the decommission job is processed.
- You cannot upgrade the CloudCache while the decommission job is in progress. Additionally, you cannot attach more backup sets to a decommissioned CloudCache.
Note: Druva does not list the decommissioned the CloudCache in the Configured tab. You must manually uninstall all instances of the CloudCache.