Retention period defines the time period for which you want to retain the data on the CloudCache. Beyond this retention period, CloudCache frees up space by removing the non-referenced data. The amount of space that the CloudCache frees depends on how frequently the files are changed.
Note: If you change the retention period, the updated period applies to all the existing as well as new recovery points.
- Log in to the Hybrid Workloads Management Console.
- Click Manage > CloudCache. Note that if the All Organizations menu is enabled, you have to first select an organization and then click Manage > CloudCache.
- In the Configured tab, click the CloudCache for which you want to update the retention period.
- In the Attached Backup Sets tab, select the backup set, and click Edit Retention.
- On the Edit Retention page, do one of the following:
- Select the Set retention for all the selected backup sets to checkbox to edit the retention period of all backup sets. You can set the retention period to a maximum duration of 30 days.
- For selected backup sets, select the new retention period in days.
- Click Save.