Retention period defines the time period for which you want to retain the data on Phoenix CloudCache. Beyond this retention period, Phoenix CloudCache frees up the space by removing the non-referenced data. The amount of the space that Phoenix CloudCache frees depends on how frequently the files are changed.
To change the duration for which Phoenix CloudCache stores the data for the servers from the server group, you can update the retention period of the attached server groups.
Note: The retention period for Phoenix CloudCache is retrospective. If you change the retention period, the updated period applies to all existing as well as new snapshots.
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- On the Configured CloudCache tab, click the Phoenix CloudCache that you want to update.
- On the Server groups tab, select a server group, and click Edit.
- In the Retention period list, click the new retention period (in days).
- Click Save.