Upgrade NAS proxy on Windows using installer
Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
This topic describes how you can manually upgrade the NAS proxy to the latest version on a Windows server.
Before you begin
Ensure the following:
- You are logged on to the server that has an existing installation of NAS proxy as an administrator.
- Your server matches the requirements listed in the System requirements section.
- You have downloaded the latest NAS proxy installer on your server. The installer is available on the Add NAS Proxy page while adding a NAS proxy. You can also download the installer from the Druva downloads page.
- To upgrade a NAS proxy manually, it is recommended to install a new version of the NAS proxy without uninstalling the existing old proxy. This avoids the need of re-registration of the proxy with Druva because the uninstallation process removes all the logs and the configuration-related information from the server.
To upgrade NAS proxy
- Go to the location where you have downloaded the NAS proxy installer.
- Double-click the NAS proxy installer.
- Click Next.
- In the Install location box, type or select the full path to the installation home directory.
- Click Install.
- After the installation completes, click Finish.
Note: A system reboot is not required after manual or auto upgrade. After an upgrade, NAS proxy is activated automatically. You do not require a separate NAS proxy activation.
Command line upgrade
Run the following command from the command prompt.
msiexec /i <path to Phoenix msi> /qn /quiet /log <path to log file>