Using the Druva Mobile App, you can access your backup and share data from your mobile device anytime, anywhere. The Druva Mobile App provides complete security, control, and visibility of your data.
However, the following capabilities are not supported by MaaS360:
- MaaS360 administrator cannot retire a user.
- MaaS360 administrator can uninstall the app but cannot disable access to the app and wipe content from the iOS device.
The following table lists the advantages of using the Druva Mobile App.
|Advantage of using the Druva Mobile App||How does it help|
|Seamless data access||
|Secure data backup and restore||
|Easy file sharing||
Note: You must have a inSync account to use the Druva Mobile App. If you do not have an inSync account, contact your administrator.
Druva Mobile App features and their availability
If youradministrator enabled certain features for you, when you log on to the Druva Mobile App for the first time, you must perform additional configuration steps before using the Druva Mobile App.
The following table lists these features and the additional steps that you must perform on your mobile devices after you log on to the Druva Mobile App.
|If your administrator enabled this feature for you||On iOS|
|PIN or Passcode||When you log on to the Druva Mobile App, the Set Passcode window appears. Perform the following steps:
When you log on to the Druva Mobile App, the Enable Backup window appears. Perform the following step:
View the documentation for Druva Mobile App for iOS devices
See the Druva Mobile App for iOS documentation.
Restricted access by using the inSync MDM app only
If mandated by the administrators, you can log on by using the inSync for MaaS360 app only.
Before you begin
This feature requires the following items:
- inSync MDM app is installed on your mobile device
- MaaS360 client is installed on your mobile device
- Administrator has allowed users to log on only through the inSync MDM app.
Workflow of restricted access
- Launch the inSync MDM app on your mobile device. The app checks whether MaaS360 client is installed on your mobile device.
- If the MaaS360 client is installed on your mobile device, then the inSync MDM app will communicate with the MaaS360 app through VSP and retrieve the policies. inSync MDM app then authenticates the mobile device and you are logged on Druva Mobile App.
Note: If the MaaS360 client is not installed on your mobile device and you enter your login credentials manually, the inSync MDM app does not allow you to log on. In this case, the login fails and the following error message is displayed: