Quick steps to set up Phoenix to back up virtual machines
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
Before you get into Phoenix configuration, learn more about Phoenix for Hyper-V and read system requirements.
Steps to set up Phoenix to back up virtual machines
Perform the following tasks to set up Phoenix to back up your virtual machines.
Prepare your host for backup
- Prerequisites for Hyper-V host: Read the prerequisites for installing Phoenix agent.
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console: To begin, log in to the Phoenix Management Console with the credentials that you received in the invitation email.
Note: If this is your first login, the welcome screen appears. Click Get Started to set up Phoenix.
Register your host and configure virtual machines for backup
- Windows agent installation and activation:
Install Phoenix agent on the virtual machine host.
Activate the agent to establish a connection between the Phoenix Cloud and the agent. This step also registers the new server on Phoenix Management Console. To complete this step:
- Generate the activation token from Phoenix Management Console
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console, and select your organization from the drop-down list in the menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Protect > Hyper-V.
- Click Register New Setup.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to download the agent and get the activation token.
- Activate the Phoenix agent This also registers the server on Phoenix Management Console.
- Install the agent on the host.
- Activate the agent on the host.
- Configure the virtual machines for backup
After activating Phoenix agents, the activated servers appear as hosts.
To see the Hyper-V hosts:
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console and select your organization from the drop-down list in the menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Protect > Hyper-V. The registered server appears under the Hosts tab.
The All Virtual Machines tab lists all the virtual machines across the registered hosts. Select the virtual machines you want to configure and click Configure VM for backup.
After you have an overview of configuration, see: