As an administrator, you can reconfigure Backup proxy settings , in case you want to update any of the following settings due to modifications or updates to it in your virtual environment:
- Network configuration
- Change in the hostname
- Change the time zone for Backup proxy
Reconfiguring Backup proxy settings timely ensures virtual machine backups do not fail due to configuration issues.
- Log in to Backup proxy with root credentials using Prism Element or Prism Cluster.
- At the command prompt, type PhoenixSetup.
- Select the type of Druva Cloud by typing the number adjacent to the cloud.
- Druva Cloud
Note: GovCloud is currently unsupported for Nutanix AHV.
- The Backup proxy settings are displayed on the screen.
- On the Backup Proxy settings page, enter the required page number and update the details:
Field Description Network configuration
Specify the updated network settings (Static/DHCP).
If you select the Static IP, provide the following details:
- IP Address
- Primary DNS Secondary DNS Domain
- Secondary DNS
If you select DHCP, the DHCP IP will be set.
After the network configuration completes, you can choose to change the Ubuntu hostname.
- To change the hostname, provide the new hostname when prompted.
- To leave the hostname unchanged, only press Enter.
Change the time zone
You can change the time zone on your system:
Type yes, to change the time zone.
- From the displayed list of continents and oceans, type the number corresponding to the server location.
- From the displayed list of countries, type the number corresponding to the country in which the server is located.
- Type 1, to set the selected time zone.
The Backup proxy will reboot after you change the time zone.
Type no, to retain the default time zone.
Exit Wait for the synchronization to complete and exit.