You can reconfigure your virtual machines if you want to:
- Change the administrative group
- Change the backup policy
Note: You cannot change the storage assigned to a virtual machine.
After you reconfigure the virtual machine, it is backed up as per the schedule defined in the backup policy associated with it. The backup snapshots are retained as per the retention settings in the backup policy. Druva uses the specified Backup proxy pool.
- Log in to the Management Console.
- Select your Organization if Organizations are enabled.
- On the menu bar, click Protect > Nutanix AHV.
- On the Prism page, click the Prism Element or Prism Central that has the VM to be reconfigured. Alternatively, select the Prism Element or Prism Central from the Prism dropdown menu.
- Click Configured VMs under the selected Prism Element or Prism Central.
- Click the VM that needs to be reconfigured.
- On the VM details page, click more options in the top right corner, and then select Reconfigure.
- On the Reconfigure for Backup page, perform the following tasks:
Field Description Administrative Group
Select another administrative group from the dropdown list or click + New Administrative Group to create a new administrative group.
To create a new administrative group:
Click + New Administrative Group in the Administrative Group dropdown.
In the New Administrative Group dialog box enter the name of the administrative group and an optional description.
- Click Save.
Backup Policy Select another backup policy from the dropdown list or click + New Backup Policy to create a new backup policy.
Note: The reconfiguration fails if the new administrative group is associated with storage different from the one the virtual machine is currently using. For example, the reconfiguration fails if the new administrative group is associated with the us-east storage and the virtual machine is currently using an administrative group associated with the ap-south storage.