Update the role assigned to an administrator
- As the first administrator for inSync, you cannot update your own role.
- You can only manage Cloud admin role in the Business edition.
To update the role assigned to an administrator
- In the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Settings > Manage Administrators. The Administrators page appears.
- Click the administrator whose role you want to update. The Administrators page for that administrator appears.
- Click Edit. The Edit Administrator window appears.
- In the Role list, select a new role for the administrator and click Next to navigate to the Access Control tab.
- Select the Workloads, profiles, and Legal Hold types that you want to associate with the new role.
- Click Finish.
Delete a role
Before you begin
Before you delete a role, ensure the following:
There are no administrators assigned to the role that you want to delete.
If there are administrators assigned to the role, then update the role assigned to the administrator, and then delete the role.
Note: You cannot delete the Cloud admin and Legal admin roles.
To delete a role
In the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Settings > Manage Administrators. The Administrators page appears.
In the left navigation bar, click Roles. The Roles page appears.
Click a role that you want to delete. The Roles page for the role appears.
In the top-right corner, click Delete. A confirmation window appears.
Click Delete. The role is deleted and removed from inSync.