User management on Druva CloudRanger encompasses the levels of access and user privileges granted to team members, at the Organization level or the Account level. Druva CloudRanger administrators can grant or modify access privileges, as well as add new users or administrators.
- Admin access: Administrators can create or edit Backup Policies, Server Schedules, and DR plans. Administrators can also provision new users and modify access privileges.
- Admin view access: Users with view-only access can review existing Backup Policies, Server Schedules, and DR plans, but will not be allowed to create or edit predefined policies or plans.
Member access can be granted at the following levels:
- Organization Level: Organizational level access allows users to have the same privileges across all accounts within that Organization. Team members can then be added with specific permissions.
- Account Level: Access can also be granted to an individual CloudRanger account within an organization.
Note: Access granted at the Organization level is, however, inherited to all Accounts within the organization, and cannot be modified at an account level.
Druva CloudRanger administrators can grant or modify access privileges or add new team members.
To grant or update access privileges at the organization level:
- Log into your Druva CloudRanger console and select the Organization for which you wish to grant member access.
- Click the gear icon on the top navigation bar.
Navigate to the Members section to add new team members or modify access privileges:
- To edit access privileges, select the appropriate Access type - admin or admin vew. Click Save.
- Click to define new team members for that organization. Specify the First Name, Last Name, Email, and Access type. Click Save.
Note: An email is triggered to the new team member to log in with credentials, with an ‘invited’ status. Once they log in for the first time, the Status updates to accepted and the user is granted permissions based on the access type specified.
Access granted at the organization level is inherited to all Accounts within the organization.
Note: Account administrators can grant or update view-only access privileges to an individual CloudRanger account. New account administrators can only be added by an Organization administrator.
- Log into your Druva CloudRanger console and navigate to the CloudRanger Account for which you wish to grant member access.
- On the left navigation pane, click Settings.
Account administrators can only grant the admin view access privileges to an individual CloudRanger account.
Note: To view the access settings inherited from the organization-level access defined for each member, click inherited from organization to navigate to the Organization Settings page. Organization administrators may add or modify access privileges at the organization level, which reflects across all accounts.