A View Only administrator has restricted access associated with their profiles. They have the necessary permissions to view the Druva inSync settings and user details. They also have access to Druva inSync reports.
The View Only administrator cannot place or view users on legal hold.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the workload for which you want to create the administrator is licensed.
- Ensure that discovery is completed for all the org-level apps (SharePoint, Teams, Public folder, and Shared Drives).
On the Druva Cloud Platform Console, click on the data source for which you want to create a View-Only Administrator.
In the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Settings > Manage Administrators. The Administrators page appears.
In the top-right corner, click New Administrator. The New Administrator window appears.
- On the Summary tab, provide the appropriate information for each field.
- Name: Type the name of the new administrator.
- Email: Type the email ID of the new administrator.
- Role: Select View Only Admin.
- Click Next to navigate to the Access Control tab.
In the Workloads section, all the workloads you have licenses for are displayed. Click and select the workloads you want to assign to the View Only administrator.
In the case of SaaS Apps, you can create a View Only administrator even for the sub-app. For example, you can create a View Only administrator for the Exchange Online sub-app under Microsoft 365.
In the Profiles section, click and select the profiles you want to assign to the View Only administrator.