A Help Desk Administrator has restricted access associated with their profiles. They have the necessary permissions to manage day-to-day activities such as performing backup and restore operations, resetting passwords for the users, and addressing user complaints.
The Help Desk administrator cannot place or view users on legal hold.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the workload for which you want to create the administrator is licensed.
- Ensure that discovery is completed for all the org-level apps (SharePoint, Teams, Public folder, and Shared Drives).
On the Druva Cloud Platform Console, click on the data source for which you want to create a Help Desk Administrator.
In the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Settings > Manage Administrators. The Administrators page appears.
In the top-right corner, click New Administrator. The New Administrator window appears.
- On the Summary tab, provide the appropriate information for each field.
- Name: Type the name of the new administrator.
- Email: Type the email ID of the new administrator.
- Assign role: Select Help Desk Admin.
- Click Next to navigate to the Access Control tab.
In the Workloads section, all the workloads you have licenses for are displayed. Click and select the workloads you want to assign to the Help Desk administrator.
In the case of SaaS Apps, you can create a Help Desk administrator even for the sub-app. For example, you can create a Help Desk administrator for the Exchange Online sub-app under Microsoft 365.
In the Profiles section, click and select the profiles you want to assign to the Help Desk administrator.