Using creating inSync Management Console you can create an MSP administrator to manage customer account. Multiple MSP administrators can also be added to a customer account. The MSP administrator can also navigate between the inSync Management Console and MSP Management Console to manage customer accounts more efficiently. For more information on managing MSP customers see Manage Customers.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the workload for which you want to create the administrator is licensed.
- Ensure that discovery is completed for all the org-level apps (SharePoint, Teams, Public folder, and Shared Drives).
To add an MSP administrator
Note: The primary MSP administrator is created by default . The procedure given below is to add new administrators to the MSP account.
On the Druva Cloud Platform Console, click on the data source for which you want to create a Compliance Administrator.
In the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Settings > Manage Administrators. The Administrators page appears.
In the top-right corner, click New Administrator. The New Administrator window appears.
- On the Summary page, provide the appropriate information for each field.
|Name||Enter the MSP administrator name.|
|Enter the MSP administrator email address.|
|Assign Role||Select a role from the drop-down. It is recommended you select a role based on which MSP administrator can perform inSync action on the account.|
Click Next. The Access Control page appears.
In the Workloads section, all the workloads for which you have licenses are displayed. Click and select the workloads you want to assign to the administrator.
In the Profiles section, click and select the profiles you want to assign to the administrator.
- Click Finish.
- After the MSP Administrator is created, the activation link is sent in an email. Clicking on this link redirects the MSP administrator to the MSP Management Console login page. For more information see Grant seamless access to an administrator.
- An existing inSync Management Console Administrator who has an MSP Administrator's email id, can login directly to the MSP Management Console via the inSync Management Console to manage multiple customer accounts. For more information on giving seamless access see Grant seamless access to an administrator.