Issue: Validation of users on the inSync Master fails
When the inSync client sends the user's AD information along with the mass deployment token to the inSync Master, the inSync Master validates the information received and sends the activation response to the inSync Client. This validation can fail because of the following reasons:
- inSync client cannot communicate with the inSync Master Server because the configured port is blocked.
- inSync Client cannot communicate with the Active Directory.
- The user is not a member of the AD Group mapped to inSync.
- Exceeded the maximum number of users for whom you can mass deploy inSync client.
- Mass deployment token has expired.
- Authentication of the second device for users failed because you configured integrated mass deployment only for the first device for every user.
Step 1: Analyze the log files
inSync log files are used to analyze and troubleshoot the issues that you might encounter with your inSync setup.
Location of log files for inSync Master
On Windows, you can find the log files at: C:\ProgramData\Druva\inSyncCloud\logs\inSyncCloudServer.log
On Linux, you can find the log files at: /var/log/inSyncCloud\logs/inSyncCloudServer.log
Location of log files for inSync Client
The following table lists the location of the log files.
|Operating System||Location of log files|
Step 2: Share the log files with the Support team
If the issue persists, you must contact Support with the following information:
- inSyncClient.log file for the impacted users.
- inSyncCloudServer.log file for inSync Cloud.
- Email address of the users.
Issue: Unable to import users from the AD by using the AD mapping
You might encounter issues while importing users from the AD.
- Verify if users with the same email address are already created on the inSync Master. inSync will not import users that already exists on the inSync Master.
- If users do not exist on the inSync Master, ensure that users have the same email address in the AD. inSync queries the AD using the email address as one of the attributes for importing users.
Issue: Unable to activate the inSync client with AD credentials of the users
Your users log on to their laptops using their Active Directory credentials. The inSync client sends the user's information along with mass deployment token to the inSync Master. The inSync Master fetches the user's AD information from the AD Server, such as the user's logon name, email, group information. The inSync Master validates the information received and sends the activation response to the inSync Client. If the validation was not successful, the activation fails.
- Ensure that the email address of the user in inSync Management Console is same as the email address of the user in Active Directory.
- Ensure that the AD user name of the user in inSync Management Console is same as the UPN of the user in Active Directory.
- Ensure that there is network connectivity for the inSync clients to communicate with the inSync Master. You can send a ping request to the inSync Master from the user laptop on which inSync client has failed activation.
- Ensure that the port you configured for backup and restore is open between the inSync Master and the inSync clients. You can use the Telnet command to test if the port is open.
Issue: IMD command fails to deploy inSync Client
Check if you have written and copied the command from TextEdit or Notes application. Make sure you use VI editor to write and copy the command. In other editors, the quotation marks in the command are likely to change from to , because of which the command fails.