This article contains instructions for configuring inSync Client to communicate with a proxy server. inSync administrators might find this article useful (v5.4 & above).
During inSync activation, if inSync has to communicate with the inSync Master through a proxy server, you are prompted to provide the proxy server details to inSync. You can configure inSync for the proxy details using one of the following methods:
- You can leverage the system proxy server settings used by the web browser on your device. inSync can use the same IP address and port number configured for the proxy server. However, inSync cannot reuse proxy settings if automatic configuration scripts are used for your browser.
- You can manually enter the IP address and port number of the proxy server on inSync.
- You can upload a PAC file or provide its WPAD URL on inSync.
inSync supports both authenticated and unauthenticated access to a proxy server:
- If your proxy server requires a unique username and password for authentication, you can enter those details on inSync.
- If your organization uses your Active Directory credentials for authentication at the proxy server, inSync automatically facilitates it.