Reason for deprecation: On 15th May, 2021 a Legal Hold feature went live that allowed Cloud admins to assign specific policy types to Legal admins and not particular policies. Hence the procedure documented in this topic became invalid henceforth. For more information on the change, see the release notes for that day. Here's the link to the topic for more information: https://docs.druva.com/001_inSync_Cl...administrators
A Legal administrator in inSync has access to all the legal hold policies by default. Using this procedure, you can restrict Legal administrators' access to only specific legal hold policies.
Assign specific legal hold policies to Legal administrators
Perform the following steps on the inSync Management Console:
- Create a custom role that you want to assign to the Legal administrator.
Roles allow you to define the access that you want to provide to a Legal adminstrator. For more information on how to create a role, see Create roles for a Legal Administrator. For information on the accesses available for each Legal adminstrator right, see Administrator roles and responsibilities.
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click > Administrators.
The Administrators and Roles page opens.
- Click Create Administrator.
- Enter the name and email ID of the Legal administrator.
- In the Assign Role list, select the role that you created for the Legal administrator.
- Click Next.
- Under Access Control, select the legal hold policies that you want this Legal administrator to access.
- Click Finish.