Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
This topic contains the following sections:
- Supported operating systems
- Hardware requirements
- Supported browsers
- Network requirements
Before setting up Phoenix to back up your virtual machines, review the following requirements:
- Ensure that you have logged in as an administrator to the virtual machine that you want to back up.
- Determine if you want to configure Phoenix for VMware ESXi or VMware vCenter Server.
- Deploy the Phoenix backup proxy in your VMware infrastructure to register your virtual machines with Phoenix.
- Click Download on the Register VMware Setup page to download the Phoenix agent installer on your server. The installer is available on the Druva Downloads page.
- Review the ports and protocols that Phoenix uses to communicate with your virtual infrastructure.
- Review the Resource sizing for backup proxy.
Supported operating systems
System requirements for the backup proxy to back up and restore Microsoft SQL Server databases inside a VM
- Virtual Machine:
- 3 CPUs (Minimum)
- 3 GB RAM (Minimum)
- Free space: Phoenix app data utilizes 2% of the total source data.
- Backup Proxy:
- vCPU: 8 vCPUs (2 virtual sockets with 4 cores per socket)
- RAM: 8 GB (Minimum)
- Virtual disks: 4 virtual disks (40 GB, 30 GB and 2 disks with 1 MB each)
With this configuration, you can backup up to 3 virtual machines in parallel.
- Internet Explorer 11+, Edge
- Mozilla Firefox 70+
- Google Chrome 78+
- Protocol: TLS
- Port: 443
- Web Proxy: