You can now revoke access to a specific Microsoft 365 app that you no longer need to protect. For example, if you have Microsoft 365 and OneDrive & SharePoint apps configured and you do not wish to protect OneDrive and SharePoint Online data, you can choose to revoke access to these apps.
Note: When you revoke Microsoft 365, inSync stops all the ongoing backups and restores.
Revoke access for Microsoft 365
To revoke access to a specific Microsoft 365 app:
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click the icon to access the global navigation panel.
- Click SaaS Apps > Microsoft 365.
- On the Overview page, click Re-Configure. The Re-Configure for Backup page appears.
- On the Re-Configure for Backup page, click the icon and select Revoke Access beside the app type for which you want to revoke access.
- On the confirmation pop-up, click Revoke Access to proceed.
Note: If you configured only one app, you can't revoke access to this app.
When you revoke access to a specific Microsoft 365 app, inSync stops all the ongoing backups and restores related to the sub-app. The following alert notifications are displayed on the inSync Management Console:
The Re-configure for Backup window on the inSync Management Console displays the following notification:
The following alert notification displays on the workload selection page for the sub-app to which you revoked the access: