inSync extends its data availability and governance capabilities to SaaS Apps, which includes the following:
- Microsoft 365 services (OneDrive, Exchange Online, and SharePoint Online)
- Google Workspace services (Gmail, Google Drive, and Shared Drives)
- Salesforce App
As a cloud administrator, you can configure inSync to integrate with SaaS Apps. This integration lets you follow and govern user data - across endpoints such as computers, mobiles, and in SaaS Apps.
inSync uses the email address of users to map the users to their SaaS Apps account.
inSync uses OAuth 2.0 to communicate with other services like Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and Salesforce. OAuth is an open protocol for token-based authentication and authorization on the Internet. For more information on OAuth 2.0, see the OAuth website.
Note: The SaaS Apps add-on is available for Enterprise, Elite, and Elite Plus editions only.
SaaS Apps backup data is not a part of the individual user's quota. To know what is a user quota, see Assign user quota for data backup.
What are the benefits?
The integration with SaaS Apps provides the following benefits:
- Single access point to view and manage end-user data, without manually accessing separate data sources.
- Place Legal Holds on a broad range of data, reducing the amount of time that IT personnel spend manually collecting and managing data.
The user's Legal Hold data from endpoints such as computers, mobiles, and cloud applications can now be accessed by using WebDAV.
- Enable administrators to search and locate any file across all users, Devices, OneDrive, and Exchange Online data.
- Proactively track, monitor, and get notified for compliance risks of SaaS Apps data in your organization.