Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
This topic lists the Data Lock-specific frequently asked questions.
- ► What licenses offer the Data Lock feature?
- Elite and Enterprise customers will have a Data Lock option by default.
- ► Will Data Lock impact storage consumption of my data?
- Enabling Data Lock in your backup policy will not impact storage consumption.
- ► Can I manually delete Data Lock-enabled backup sets and snapshots?
- No, once you enable Data Lock for the backup set, you cannot manually delete the backup policy or backup set.
- ► My backup set is mapped with a Data Lock-enabled backup policy. Can I associate another Data Lock-enabled backup policy to the same backup set?
- You cannot change the Data Lock-enabled backup policy associated with the backup set to another Data Lock-enabled backup policy. You can only change the Data Lock-disabled backup policy associated with the backup set to a Data Lock-enabled backup policy. For more information, see the change backup policy point in Consideration.
- ► If I duplicate the Data Lock-enabled backup policy, will Data Lock apply to the new backup policy?
- Yes, the new duplicated backup policy will have Data Lock setting enabled for it.
- ► Can I change the content rule and backup content of the backup set that has Data Lock enabled?
- Yes, Data Lock has no impact on the content rule and backup content. Alerts will be generated for any modification to backup content or content rule.