Phoenix performs regular AMI update of virtual machines based on the schedule defined in the DR Plan set during configuration. In addition to the scheduled AMI update, you can manually update AMI at any time.
To update AMI
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Disaster Recovery.
The Manage Disaster Recovery page opens with the DR Plan tab opened, by default. The DR Plans tab lists the available DR Plans.
- Click the DR plan associated with the virtual machine.
The DR Plan details page opens.
- Under the VMs tab, click the virtual machine for which you want to trigger the AMI update operation.
- Click Update AMI Now.
- Select Yes on the confirmation dialog box to trigger the update operation.
Phoenix creates AMI and stores in the AWS account. A DR restore job is triggered and you can track its progress on the Jobs page.