If you want to backup virtual machines at a given point in time, you can trigger a manual backup on a virtual machine. Automatic scheduled backups happen as per the schedule defined in the backup policy.
- A manual backup is not restricted by the backup window that you defined in the backup policy; it continues till all the data is backed up.
- Hybrid Workloads agents or Backup proxy start a fresh backup following the backup schedule. Alternatively, you can start a manual backup at any time.
- A manual backup is not restricted by bandwidth, it uses maximum bandwidth available.
- Manual backups are not automatically retried.
- We support a total number of three backup operations in parallel for each Backup proxy.
- Log in to the Management Console.
- Select your Organization if Organizations are enabled.
- On the menu bar, click Protect > Nutanix AHV.
- On the Prism page click the Prism Element or Prism Central whose VMs need to be backed up. Alternatively, select the Prism Element or Prism Central from the Prism dropdown menu on the left.
- In the left pane, under the selected Prism Element or Prism Central, click Configured VMs.
- Select the VMs configured for backup and then click Backup Now.
Backup of the selected virtual machines start. You can track the progress and details about the backup job on the All Jobs page.