The list of discovered virtual machines that can be configured for backup is refreshed every 24 hours. You can manually refresh the list by clicking the Refresh icon on the All Virtual Machines page.
- Log in to the Management Console.
- Select your Organization if Organizations are enabled.
- On the menu bar, click Protect > Nutanix AHV.
- On the Prism page click the Prism Element or Prism Central whose VMs need to be backed up. Alternatively, select the Prism Element or Prism Central from the Prism dropdown in the navigation pane on the left.
- On the All Virtual Machines page, select one or more unconfigured virtual machines and then click Configure for Backup.
- On the Configure for Backup page, perform the following tasks:
|This section lists all the virtual machines that were selected for backup.|
Select a pre-existing administrative group or create a new one.
To create a new administrative group:
|Storage||Select the Druva Cloud storage where your Nutanix backups will be stored.
Note: Storage once assigned cannot be changed.
|Backup Policy||Select a pre-existing backup policy or create a new one. See Manage Backup Policies.|
|Backup Proxy Pool||By default, all proxies are part of the Default Pool.|
- Click Save.
The backups execute as per the schedule defined in the backup policy.